Friday, May 11, 2012

Status Update

I thought I'd give an update of what's been going on. I went to a HUGE consignment sale at the fairgrounds last week and scored a ton of baby stuff for great prices! I've also been blessed with friends who are showering me with gently used toys, clothes and baby supplies of all genders and sizes! (You all know who you are, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!) I feel like the bedroom is coming along. We bought paint (another shout out to a friend who gave us a gift card for the paint) and I plan to start painting this weekend. Once that is done, I think I will feel like the room is ready for whatever is in store for us! I know that's silly, but i just think a fresh coat of paint will help visibly make things look new in that part of our house!
DHS has called all our personal references and is planning on getting with my parents to go look at their home soon. We start parenting classes this weekend. I'm pretty interested in what I will learn from that. I hope it's not boring, and I actually get some good information out of this. If not, it's going to be a LONG 6 weeks!
I've been preparing the house by making sure all my outlets have covers, and all our chemicals are out of reach. Russell installed a few cabinet locks in the kitchen yesterday evening. In my head, I'd always played that out to be a "big deal" and such a fun exciting experience. So you can imagine my disappointment when both of us were frustrated because screws were stripped out, we put the lock on backwards the first time and... it was WAY less "magical" than I had dreamed up in my head. I had to laugh about it while we were installing them. I was able to take my self out of the situation, realize that I had created a fantasy for myself, and enjoy the frustrations we were experiencing. More than anything, I was glad that Big Swigg & I were together!
I already know how I'm going to rearrange the kitchen when I have to make way for bottles and bibs. I'm SO excited, that I'm ready to clean them out right now!!! However, since I don't know the exact age we will get placed, I will try to relax and hold off on that for a few weeks.  
That's about all that's going on lately... I'm sure I'll put a blog out about our 1st experience at parenting classes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment