Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's been a big week

This week has been a big week! Big Swigg & I had our first P.R.I.D.E. class last Saturday. Oh my that was uneventful! The information was fantastic, but unfortunately it was delivered so poorly that Big Swigg & I almost fell asleep! We will come back next week well caffeinated so this shouldn't be a problem anymore!

Sunday was fantastic celebrating Mother's Day. I had cousins in from out of town that we got to see. They weren't aware of our choice to foster so we talked a lot about the need for good parents. That afternoon I got the nursery painted! That's a HUGE check off my to-do list! The paint is all dry now, and I've moved most everything back in that room and have it all organized!

Monday Big Swigg had a job interview and by Tuesday he had the job! That is such an answer to prayer! We are so pleased that he will be working 8-5 M-F no weekends. I believe they have great insurance too, which could come in handy later on! We are prayerfully considering what needs to happen with me and my job and we are waiting on God to direct us in exactly what He wants us to do.

Last night, we bought a mini van! We've been looking around for a while now, but just got serious about it a few weeks ago. We knew we wanted to pay cash for it so we didn't have to mess with another car payment. It was frustrating because every time I would find something I liked online, I would call and be told that "it just sold". That happened again last night, but with a follow up of "we have the same car one year newer that I will sell to you at the same price!" So the price for this car was 5900 and we got it for 3999! SO excited about that!!! I know, I know, it's a mini van, but it's a Honda and I love it. I really wanted a mini van to tote all these kids around that we are going to have! It has the sliding doors that can be opened and shut with the key remote (which I think is a MUST). I also know that some people have experienced trouble with those doors, but we take good care of our cars so I'm not worried about it.

I think that's about all that's happened this week but WHEW it feels like a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment