Friday, April 20, 2012

We're doing this!

We started the process of trying to become foster parents... almost a month ago. Today DHS called me to schedule our home assessment for foster care. She told me that they have a goal of getting all the paperwork done in 30 days so they really need to schedule our assessment next week. THEN she asked if I could take off work to complete this 4 hour interview! I told her that wasn't possible with my work so it'd have to be after 6 sometime next week. THEN she drops the bomb on me that she would like us to have our physicals completed by then. I called my doctor but they cant get us in until May 1st, so she'll just have to deal with that! There has been some questions about if we needed to get our own fingerprint cards or if DHS would provide them. She told me that she would bring the fingerprint cards when she came out but that we needed to "get that done quickly" so that we could get them sent off. I know she's just doing her job. But since I'm a planner, she's starting to stress me out! At least I know we start parenting classes May 12th.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get my spare bedroom converted from a "junk room" into a kids bedroom. We have a pile of toys that were donated. We just need to separate them into toys that need to go in a bleach bath and toys that need to go in the washing machine! Then my plan is to separate them in to age specific toy bins, so depending on what age we get placed, I can have those toys out and ready. I think I have a friend who will get us a convertible crib and a changing table, then I have another friend who is getting us a car seat. I feel like we are on the right path, but I still feel like there is SO MUCH more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment